Well today was the Sunday of new things at church. I went to the new 20-30's Sunday school class (actual name to be figured out soon!) It was great! I walked into a room of new faces and I felt new too. The leaders are a married couple probably in their late 30's and wow! I really like them. There were about 12-15 of us and we just spent the hour talking about what we wanted and just introducing ourselves. For the first time in my life I felt comfortable in my skin in a Sunday school class. I didn't feel too nervous to talk and people were very open and friendly! WHEW! I'm so excited and thrilled! I also had a great worship experience and felt Jesus sitting next to me - I love feeling that way.
Tonight there was a cookout at the Terry's house (the leaders of the SS class). I feel instantly connected to these people. There were about 8 different people that weren't able to show up to SS. Again, I felt at ease and like I belonged for the first time. I talked with everyone and really had a great time meeting all the new people. I think I am one of the 3 older people (but someone has to be) We had hot dogs and hamburgers and great conversations. I left for a bit to attend my new bible study: Disciple I. WOW! I am in for some reading and really connecting to the word of God. I can't put into words enough how much I feel renewed and on a path that I have yearned for quite some time. After getting my study materials and meeting everyone I returned to the cookout. I really can't wait for my SS class to have a real name and for all of us to get to know each and start our mission projects. I am hoping that my expectations are too grandiose and that I am let down. I am looking forward to this great journey good or bad. I know without a doubt I will grow in ways I cannot imagine. Well that is Sunday! I'm nervous about going to the doctor tomorrow about my ankle. I am scared about what I may have to have done to fix it or that I will be told not to run anymore. I hate going to doctors not sure why. Well, actually I do. I'm a nurse and I know way way too much. Sometimes I think ignorance is bliss. I am not that trusting of somethings and am worried of all the things that do go wrong and infections that patients pick up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment