Friday, December 05, 2008

Two MORE Weeks

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

GREETINGS!!
Well, I went to the doctor this morning for my 1st follow up visit since the surgery. The doctor was was about 1 1/2hours behind. I didn't mind one bit. It was nice to just sit someone else besides my own couch and had some nice conversations with the other patients that were waiting. The people watching was nice too! Better to make the best of the situation rather than get mad at the wait. I had a allergic reaction to the adhesives from the bandage and so the incision doesn't look to well. I have blisters on both sides of the incision and now I'm on antibiotics hoping to keep an infection from starting. (I won't shock you with the nasty pictures!!) I also was told to remain non weight bearing for 2 more weeks due to what the incision/blisters are doing. If the incision opens up there is no good skin to close it up with and it would of been open for a while so that is another reason to not be able to close it. I also found out I will have to have some rehab for the foot as I thought. Just not sure how much and that won't start for at least 4 weeks.
I must say I don't like looking at my leg/calf. My left leg from the knee down is literally 1/2 the size what it used to be. It is a sad chicken leg looking thing compared to my right. One of my favorite parts of my body that I am most proud of is my legs/calves. They are very strong powerhouse for me. I am assuming that with a little work I will have them matching back in no time. Or that is at least the lie I am telling myself. I will just have to get the PT person to help me figure out exercises to get the left leg back in shape.
So, Two more weeks of total reliance on crutches. Two more weeks on the couch. Two more weeks of hanging out with and taking a naps with my loving kitties. They sure do know how to cheer me up. Not sure how I will do some basic Christmas shopping. It is hard to shop for somethings on the net. I wish I could figure out what to get my parents/grandparents and find whatever that is on the net!! I was able to get myself a new computer on cyber Monday!! YAY!! I got an awesome deal. I wasn't planning on purchasing a new laptop till late spring but I could pass up the discounts and free shipping and all. I was planning on a few Christmas parties to go to. But now I will just have to pick the ones that I can sit comfortably and not be too crowded to be okay with my crutches.
I'm still not sure about truly getting in the Christmas decorating spirit. I love Christmas but I think once again I won't decorate. (for the 3rd year in a row) I'm okay with that, maybe next year I can do it up big and then have a Christmas party to celebrate the end of a great 2009!! I shouldn't need the decorations of Christmas to have the spirit of Jesus fill my heart! I am still thankful for the health I do have and the family/friends that love me!! I guess I should at least go and hang the wreath on the front door so my neighbors wont thing I am a scrooge. Ha Ha


Merry Christmas!!!!

For now, I will put my hope in this,
"O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me." Psalm 30:2

1 comment:

AudreysMama said...

I am sure your calves are still stronger and better looking than 99% of the population!!