Sunday, December 14, 2008

Weekend Events

On Friday, I was able to attend a fun Tacky Christmas sweater ugly ornament exchange at my friend Kyndle's house. Unfortunately, I realized I didn't take any pictures. It was a great time and I don't think I have laughed like that in the longest time. It felt so good to just laugh! I felt a little bit of burden lift off me. I meet so new people and that is always nice! The ugly ornament exchange was funny. Except we all agreed there weren't any ugly ornaments.

On Saturday, Kyndle invited me to attend the Radio City Christmas Spectacular starring the Rockettes. I have never seen them before...which is odd counting the number of times I have gone to NYC. WOW! Is all I have to say. The costumes and sets were amazing. I loved watching them dance and I found my self remember what it was like to dance on stage. It was the first time since I stopped dancing and performing that I have let my heart enjoy a show without feeling a little sadness. Dancing is the only time in my life growing up that I could lose myself in myself. I have found running does the same thing for me. I don't care what I look like. I don't hold a measuring stick up to myself and compare it to others. I am me for me and nothing else. Nothing penetrates that wholeness I find. I also saw all the great muscles and fit bodies and I was inspired to get back to that. Especially the legs part. After that we headed to one of our favorite dining places. NABEELS! They have some of the best food!

On Sunday, I had my last bible study for Disciple I Old Testament. It was a good discussion and I am glad I took the class. I have learned more in the last 13 weeks about the God and my history and I ever imagined. The study is presented really well and I never felt overwhelmed or ashamed because I didn't know this or that. I have met some really great people and even someone from my hometown. I look forward to taking the New Testament section soon.
Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands. Deuteronomy 7:9

This weekend was just what I needed. Except, I did have to contend with a mouse in my room at 2am Friday. I was awakened to my cats running around my room and as I turned the light on to see what was going on...I heard it...the dreaded squeak. And my first look was at my cat with a mouse in her mouth! But seeing that I was mean and declawed her, she couldn't keep it pinned to kill it. You win some and you lose some. I am sure it was quiet humorous to have seen me crutching around my room trying to kill it. I gave up after a couple of hours and went to sleep on the couch. About every 30 minutes I heard my cat destroying my room while chasing the mouse. Thank goodness I have a tabby cat and she has mousing in her genes. She trapped it under the dresser where finally after 2 days it finally succumbed to a trap! Loved that I found a mouse trap that would kill it and then have it all contained so I wouldn't have to see it!



WHEW a very busy busy weekend!!
Merry Christmas!!

No comments: