1) I graduated from physical therapy today. I still have some work to do on my own but that is all insurance would pay for me to attend. I plan on joining the YMCA next week to continue healing. My pain level is less these days and my ability to do things is increasing. Work is still hard for me, but I don't seem to hurt as bad after just an hour or two. It's not a really big deal. I'm just glad to be back at work. I hope to be running in the next few months. I figure I will probably still have some pain then, but I hope to be able to push through it. YAY
2) Once again, I was able to save save save at the grocery store today. I know you must be getting of grocery posts. But I like being able to see my savings! And it is fun to share how easy it is.
Publix!!
I was able to get all this for $23.45, down from $71.77!!
2 -Ocean Spray juices for BOGO (sale $3.99 @ BOGO 1.99/ea - $1 coupon) = $1/each
2- Del monte green beans (sale $0.79 - $0.55/2 coupon) = $0.52 each
1- Del monte green beans (sale $0.79 - $0.30 coupon (doubled)) = $0.19!
2- Whole chicken @ $0.69 lb (both chickens were $10.40) on sale = $5.94
8- Green Giant boxed veggies @ 10 for 10 (sale $1.00 each - (8) $0.50/1 coupons - they doubled each coupon) = FREE
1- Spray 'n wash (sale BOGO $2.99 ($1.50 - $0.75/1) = $0.75
2- Grape tomatoes pint BOGO = total $2.50 ($1.25 each)
1- Cantaloupe 1@ 2 for $3.00 = $1.50
1- Strawberries 1 @ 3 for $5.00 = $1.67
1- Alavert $9.99 (-$4.00 store coupon - $2.00 manfu coupon)= $3.99
4- Balance Protein bars ($1.25 - sale @ 4/$3.00) = $3.00
Regular total price $71.77
- $ 27.46 (sales)
- $ 17.90 (coupons)
Paid $ 23.45
Other things....
I had so many more things that I needed to get done but I just needed a quite day of nothing. Working 6 out of 7 days has really tired me out physically and mentally. I'm hoping to do something fun this weekend. I'm still looking for that 'something' to do. I want it to be relaxing and peaceful. No movies/no shopping/not a lot of people kind of thing. I think a state park near by is calling my name. I've never been to Mt. Cheaha - the highest point in Alabama and it 1.5 hours from my house and it might just be exactly what I'm looking for. If not maybe just the local state park a few miles down the road. Oak Mountain is such a great amenity that is literally 5 miles from my house. State parks are such a great resource for economical getaways and activities. It's a great way to spend any day! So many of them have great lakes, waterfalls, caverns, horses, incredible views, trails (of course)and endless wildlife to watch. Hum, so much to decide. However, whatever I do it will be what I want, and energizing to my soul.





1 comment:
awesome!!! guess you plan to make some more of that yummy chicken huh! Congrads on graduating. I wish I could go to the Y with you. :-) love you!! B
Post a Comment