Friday, March 20, 2009

Yummy Spring

Today was a great beautiful spring day!! Spring's first day of 2009!! I had PT (my 2nd to last one) and then drove around town to do some quiet errands before working 6 out of the next 7 days!! Tuesday is my day off in between all the craziness. I would yell at the person who made my yucky horrible schedule...but that person is ME! Oops, doesn't begin to explain it. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now, what is done is done. It was a nice day albeit a little chilly but sunny. I ate at a little cafe and then decided I would go use a gift card I got at my favorite spice store, Penzeys Spices that I received from them during my Christmas shopping. I also received a coupon to try their new chili spice on my next trip. It is nice to just see all kinds of spices and herbs that I read about in recipes and on the food network but either don't know how they are spelled or even where to find them. They have so many to choose from and how you would use them. They have some great blends that I just LOVE to use in my daily cooking. Many of their popular blends are salt free. Always a bonus in my book.

I didn't stray too far with the 'Allspice' but I've been wanting it for baking for some time now. I probably should of gotten something more exotic but I know I will use it all up. The 'Chili 9000' is said to not really be 'hot' but just a modern blend of traditional one. I'm not into spicy so if it is, I'm in trouble. The 'Mural of Flavor' with the strange label is something I've been looking at for a while and since I had the gift card I thought I would give it a try. The label says it is a blend of over a dozen spices and herbs and can be put on anything from chicken, fish, beef, pork, vegetables and even scrambled eggs. I've been looking for something else besides my Cavndars Greek spice blend to put in my scrambled eggs. Once again, I know I'm odd.

For all of this I walked away having to pay a mere $0.37!!! I rock! I can't wait add the Chili 9000 to my taco soup that I am making tomorrow night.

I also found out they are moving their store in a different part of town. It will be great for their business but I loved having a special store down the street from me. :-( It will be near my favorite running store and my church so I don't think it will be that far of a venture.

Happy Spring!!

No comments: